Reminder: Oct. 24-25 weekend closure of the Montlake Bridge, SR 520 ramps and local streets
From 5 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 24, to 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 25, WSDOT maintenance crews will close the Montlake Bridge in both directions, the westbound SR 520 off-ramp to Montlake Boulevard and a single lane of the eastbound SR 520 off-ramp to Montlake Boulevard. Crews will use this closure to begin needed repairs to the bridge’s metal grid deck. Weather-permitting, crews will also intermittently close single lanes along East Park Drive East, along westbound East Lake Washington Boulevard between 24th Avenue East and Montlake Boulevard, and along northbound and southbound Montlake Boulevard between East Hamlin Street and East Roanoke Street to complete paving activities.
- The SR 520 mainline will remain open, as will the westbound off-ramp to Lake Washington Boulevard and a single lane of the eastbound off-ramp to Montlake Boulevard.
- Marine traffic will be restricted. There will be no Montlake Bridge openings for boats between 7 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday. The bridge’s south span will open for boats (with one hour’s advance notice) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
- The freeway transit stops along SR 520 in Montlake will remain open but local buses will be rerouted around the Montlake area during the weekend. Check the King County Metro alerts webpage to find out information on your bus route.
- Bicycle and pedestrian access will remain open across the west side of the Montlake Bridge.
- The Montlake Boulevard U-turn at East Hamlin Street will remain open for I-5 access.
- Access to the Shelby-Hamlin neighborhood will remain open.