Our community is invited to give comments on WSDOT’s proposed Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan (NTMP) and the 23rd Avenue Corridor Improvements Phase 3. The meeting will include a short presentation at 5:45 p.m. focused on the NTMP. There will be time for questions and answers as a full group and one-on-one.
Representatives from your Montlake Community Club and Studio KPG will also be there to share the latest update on the business district development project.
When: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, Time: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Where: Saint Demetrios Hall (“The Greek Church”), 2100 Boyer Avenue East Seattle, WA 98112
Parking: Limited free parking is available at the church parking lot.
Here is the full text from WSDOT about the meeting:
Join our March 22 meeting on the Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan (NTMP) – draft report and online survey coming soon
You’re invited to a public meeting about the Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan (NTMP) for the next phase of SR 520 construction, known as the Montlake Phase. The City of Seattle will also share information on 23rd Ave. Corridor Improvements Phase 3, future RapidRide lines and other Seattle neighborhood transportation projects.
- Date: Wednesday, March 22
- Time: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Saint Demetrios Hall
- Address:2100 Boyer Avenue East Seattle, WA 98112
- Parking:Limited free parking is available at the church parking lot.
- Transit:Bus routes 43 and 48 also serve the area, but require a short walk to the meeting location.
- Format:The meeting will include a short presentation at 5:45 p.m. focused on the NTMP and time for questions and answers with WSDOT and SDOT as a full group and one-on-one.
- An overview of the Montlake Phase of construction including timeline and project elements.
- Information about the NTMP including the draft report and potential local traffic management measures in the Montlake area.
- Information on how 23rd and 24th avenues are functioning today and a schedule for improving the street; plans for upgrading bus service to RapidRide; and City of Seattle projects to make walking and biking in the neighborhood more comfortable.
How to read the NTMP report and provide comments to WSDOT and the City of Seattle:
- Please stay tuned: we will post the report and a link to a short online survey on the SR 520 Montlake Phase web page on Tuesday, March 21.
- The comment period will take place from March 21 to April 4, and comments will be accepted by online survey, email, mail, or in-person at the March 22 meeting.