The Montlake Community Club is seeking a new chairperson to lead the All Montlake Yard Sale taking place this September. The former chair person, Lori Sabado, is “retiring” after running the yard sale for 4 years. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be more involved with the community through this beloved neighborhood event.
- Finalizing date of Yard Sale – avoiding Husky Football Game Days, and/or communicating with Greek Festival organizers
- Working with the editor of Montlake.net to publicize the sale and recruit neighbors to host sales
- Organizing online Yard Sale Sign up with MCC’s technical adviser
- Communicating with sites about the sale
- Organizing the printing of posters and poster hanging
- Assembling and distributing yard sale signs
- Working with the MCC technical advisor to finalize online yard sale map
- Organizing donation collection station at the Montlake Blvd Market
- On-call support the day of the sale
- Working with volunteers to assist with all of the above
- Giving updates to the MCC Board of Trustees
Lori will be available to assist and answer questions during the transition.
- April through May – 1 hour/month
- June through July – 2 hours/month
- August – 3 hours/month
- Two – three weeks prior to the sale – 4 hours/week
- Week of Sale – 8 hours
Interested or have questions? Please contact MCC board president Sharsti Sandall firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks to Lori Sabado for all of her years of service on the MCC board and as yard sale chair!