In order to prepare for design and construction of the SR 520 Montlake Project, our contractor, Graham Contracting, will conduct daytime and nighttime exploratory work in the Montlake neighborhood. This work will begin the week of April 15 and last three to four weeks. Crews will use drilling equipment to collect soil samples and additional equipment to cut holes in the roadway, remove soils, and locate underground utilities. This early work, often referred to as utility locating and subsurface geotechnical investigation, is being done to support the design of the project. The map below shows the location of this work.
How can you provide feedback on early work?
Graham has developed a Community Construction Management Plan (CCMP) specific to this preconstruction work. Please review the Early Work CCMP and take this survey to let us know your thoughts on our procedures to avoid, minimize, and reduce the effects of this work on neighbors. The Early Work CCMP identifies best measures and practices to reduce construction effects on the nearby neighbors and travelers on the SR 520 corridor. The Early Work CCMP allows members of the public an ongoing opportunity to provide input on these measures. The Early Work survey will remain open through Tuesday, April 16.
This Early Work document will be a part of a more comprehensive CCMP for major construction. You will have another opportunity later this spring to comment on the comprehensive Montlake Project CCMP currently under development.
How to reach us and stay informed about SR 520 construction:
- Call the 24-hour construction hotline (206-775-8885) with pressing Montlake Project questions or concerns.
- Call the SR 520 Program information line (206-770-3554, M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with general SR 520 inquiries.
- Email SR 520 staff with your questions about the project or construction activities.
- Visit the SR 520 Construction Corner for the most up-to-date information on closures and construction impacts.
- Visit the SR 520 Program website to find general information about the project.
- Follow us on Twitter @wsdot_520 to get key news and updates about the SR 520 program.