The Montlake Community Club is recruiting volunteers for the committees listed below. Volunteering is a great way to meet your neighbors, have fun, and use and build your skills. No matter what your background, there is a volunteer position for you at the MCC.
Email us to learn more or join a committee.
Click on the name of one of these committees to jump to a list of volunteer positions, or simply scroll down the page.
This committee manages Montlake.net and the MCC’s presence on Facebook, Nextdoor, and other Web sites. We also publish email announcements and the paper version of the Montlake Flyer. Current needs:
- Montlake Flyer (Paper Version) – Manage the publication of the paper version of the Montlake Flyer twice a year. Time: 10 hours twice a year
- Montlake Flyer Emails – Write, edit, and send out emails through Montlake.net. No coding experience needed. Time: flexible. As little or as much as you want
- Turkey Trot Communications – Lead marketing for the Turkey Trot by writing articles and posting stories to Montlake.net. Time: 1 hour a week in October, 2 hours a week in November
- Yard Sale Communications – Lead marketing for the Yard Sale by writing articles and posting stories to Montlake.net. Time: 1 hour a week in August, 2 hours a week in September
- Graphics – Our graphics crew helps in small ways (resizing images) and big ways (designing the Turkey Trot t-shirt and signage). Time: flexible. As little or as much as you want
This committee puts on the MCC’s annual 5K Turkey Trot and Kids Run on Thanksgiving morning. We are actively recruiting the following positions for the 2017 Turkey Trot:
- Permits and Logistics- Complete the special events permit for the City and Seattle Parks and Recreation. Help plan and finalize the race course then coordinate with other committees to allocate and plan for cones, signs, and volunteers along the race course. Time: 10-15 hours
- Volunteer Coordinator- Reach out to local schools, churches, and communities to recruit volunteers. Coordinate volunteers for help with signs, race day logistics, and race packet distribution. Time: 1-2 hours per week from September-November and day of Turkey Trot
- Sponsors/Supplies- Reach out to sponsors to solicit donations and prizes. Order banners, signs, advertising material, T-shirts and bibs. Order cones and barriers for race course and street closure. Reserve portable toilets. Time: 1-2 hours per week from September-November
- Advertising/Promotion- Create graphics for website, flyers and t-shirts. Hang signs/flyers and work with communications lead to publish race announcements and promotions. Time: 0.5-1 hour per week in September. 1-2 hours per week in October and November
- Kids Race Coordinator- Finalize the kids race course and help transition cones and volunteers between the 5K and kids race. Organize prizes and activities for each age group while they wait for their start time. Time: 0.5-1 hour per week October-November and day of Turkey Trot
The All Montlake Yard Sale will take place on September 30, 2017. We are looking to fill the following positions for the Yard Sale:
- Poster Hanging – Staple posters on telephone poles and distribute to area businesses. Time: 5 hours for one person one month before the sale
- Publicity – Write articles for Montlake.net. Time: 1-2 hours monthly starting in May for one or two people.
- Communications – Manage communications between neighborhood sites, Craiglist, Montlake.net. Time: 2-3 hours/week starting one month before sale
- Sign Production – Oversee production, order and pick up Yard Sale site signs. Time: 5 hours one month before sale
- Sign Assembly – Assemble Yard Sale site signs and attach envelopes. Time: 2 hours two weeks before sale
- Large Sign Hanging – post large Yard Sale signs on high traffic areas in and around surrounding Montlake. Pick up the signs at the end of sale day. Time: Two hours one week before sale and day of sale.
- Donation Collection Manager – oversee donation of unsold goods at a collection site in Montlake. Time: 3 hours on day of sale
- On Call Support – help the MCC Yard Sale Committee Chair with last minute details the day of the sale. Time: all day day of sale
Email email@example.com to learn more or join a committee.